$52k-$82k Church Accountant Jobs Near Me NOW HIRING Oct 2023
However, a closer look at the effort, cost, liabilities, education, and ongoing training reveal some potential challenges. The greatest challenge for you in selecting an accounting firm is finding someone who is truly qualified in clergy tax law and can provide service to you as your ministry grows. Secular accounting firms may be great with for-profit businesses. In 2018, 60% of ministers’ W-2 forms were issued in error by general accounting firms, churches, and secular payroll companies. Ministers must understand these challenges and recognize the need for industry specialists.
Our electronic process is designed to make your life easier and make things more convenient. We focus on each file, communicate with you, provide you with documentation, and respond to your questions with as little disruption to your daily lives as possible. We make ourselves accessible through our electronic system, and we genuinely care about you and the outcome of your return. Learn about how Jitasa’s church accounting and bookkeeping services will help you reach your goals. Vickeys Bookkeeping Inc specializes in bookkeeping services for churches and small nonprofits. Jitasa’s monthly church bookkeeping and accounting service plans are tailored to complement your internal resources.
Bookkeeping & Accounting Services for Churches
This changed last year when we hired Vickey Boatright Richardson who provided an affordable, easy and timely system using Quickbooks Online that works perfectly for our needs. She helped us streamline our financial reporting, while keeping the information that we need to make good financial decisions. She also offers money-saving tips, including how to get discounted versions of software. She is very easy to work with and is quick to help solve any issues we may have.
Working with StartCHURCH feels more like an extension of my church and less like a third-party company. It’s hard to remember what we did before using StartCHURCH and before we had our bookkeeper. He is a life saver, and he answers all of our questions.
What are popular job titles related to Church Accounting jobs?
Needless to say, we rarely had any timely, usable information for Vestry (our leadership) to make necessary financial decisions. Vickey’s Bookkeeping has been a huge asset to our growing organization. Vickey and her team provide competent and comprehensive accounting and bookkeeping support so that we can stay focused on carrying out our mission. Another thing that sets us apart is we are honestly not going to take on every single client that walks through the door.
- As a CPA firm, we have unlimited practice rights, and we can represent you if you owe back taxes or have other problems with the Internal Revenue Service.
- We’re sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
- Whether you decide to use Jitasa’s bookkeeping or accounting services for churches, we will provide your ministry with excellent assistance and a team ready to serve you.
- We also prepare form 1023 for not-for-profit organizations.
- “”Vickey’s consultation, training, and bookkeeping services were literally a godsend to our church.
- Your feedback is important to us.Please tell us why you are reporting this job with relevant details.
- She also offers money-saving tips, including how to get discounted versions of software.
Even if you have a simple return, the rules are constantly changing from year to year, so you don’t want to overlook any deductions. We have the expertise that is needed to accounting for churches help you file your returns while also helping you to minimize your tax liability with careful planning. Our bookkeeper is professional, prompt, knowledgeable and kind.
Be confident in your record-keeping
We take pride in giving you the assurance that the personal assistance you receive represents our commitment to excellence. Our Church worked with David Dennison who performed an audit plus multiple compilations from 2010 to present. David was very thorough in his process as well as personable in his demeanor.
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from St. John’s University in 1981.
- I highly recommend Vickey and her team to any organization seeking bookkeeping done well.
- One of our distinguishing characteristics is we are readily available to all clients.
- As a boutique Christian operation and a CPA Tax Preparer firm, we enable our clients to work first hand with us.
- We are committed to providing close, personal attention to our clients.
The first step is determining what kind of help you need. There are several types of financial professionals you may consider, and they’re all a little bit different. You can change this selection at any time via the Accredited Business toggle on the search results page. Clicking “Cancel Report” below will NOT submit your job report. Whether you need info or you’re ready to get started, we love helping you find clarity. Fill out the form below and one of our church plant specialists will give you a call.